Spanish Level 2/Intermediate Book (Student Edition) + Online Access Code (24 months)
Book ships immediately; online access code will be delivered via email within 24 hours.
The "online access code" provides 24 months of online access to the material of the respective print textbook. The online textbook integrates audio, video, cultural articles, answers, beautiful pictures of sites of interest, and notable people from Spanish speaking countries. The exercises are interactive. A student can click on any single answer, see immediately if he/she is right or wrong, and view the correction. There are also responsive flashcards with sound files, oral questions, video instructional capsules. But the content -- explanations, exercises, dialogues are exactly the same as the print book. Online access provides access to more tools that may appeal to different learning styles, especially auditory and visual learners.
Breaking the Spanish Barrier Level 2 first reviews key grammar topics to ensure that all students have a strong grounding in the present, preterite, and imperfect tenses. Written in the same student-friendly style as Level 1, the new material in Level 2 features the following concepts:
- the future, conditional, present perfect, pluperfect, present subjunctive, and pluperfect subjunctive
- indefinites, demonstratives, and reflexive pronouns
- informal commands, comparisons
- New vocabulary further expands students’ ability to describe the world around them
- An adventure series is featured as characters travel to exciting new places with unexpected twists and turns