French Level 3/Advanced Book (Student Edition) + Online Access Code
Online Access Code is delivered via email upon purchase.
Breaking the French Barrier Level 3/Advanced:
The Advanced book targets students in their 3rd or 4th year of French. It is a text that highlights all the key grammar found on AP, SAT II, IB, or college placement tests.
- Continuing the strategies established in the first two books in the series, the Advanced Level begins by reviewing the major present, past, conditional and future tenses.
- Cultural articles with comprehension exercises help students get to know stories from people around the world. You will also find the following grammatical concepts:
- all perfect tenses, including the present perfect, pluperfect, future perfect and conditional perfect
- the subjunctive mood (with commands, verbs of emotion, hypothetical situations, adverbial phrases)
- comparatives, the passive voice, “if clauses,” punctuation, and uses of the infinitive
- intriguing vocabulary, with special focus on adjectives in early chapters, followed by nouns, verbs, and idiomatic expressions
Our Advanced book makes certain that every student – whether formally enrolled in school or studying independently – has all the rules he or she will ever need to know about the French language. It fully equips students for a lifetime of pleasurable and authentic contact with the Francophone world.
The "online access code" provides 12 months of online access to the material of the respective print textbook and can be activated whenever you are ready to begin!
The online textbook integrates audio, video, cultural articles, answers, beautiful pictures of sites of interest, and notable people from French speaking countries. The exercises are interactive. A student can click on any single answer, see immediately if he/she is right or wrong, and view the correction. There are also responsive flashcards with sound files, oral questions, video instructional capsules. But the content -- explanations, exercises, and dialogues are exactly the same as the print book. Online Access provides students powerful tools that may appeal to different learning styles, especially auditory and visual learners.
Click here to view a sample chapter.
Click here to view a sample online chapter.
Click here for the table of contents.